The data controller for this website is Taranko Limited Liability Company with its registered offices in Gdańsk (80-557) at ul. Marynarki Polskiej 73b, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court Gdańsk-Północ in Gdańsk, 7th Commercial Division, under KRS (National Court Register) No. 0000162074, having REGON (Statistical ID) No. 192903799, and NIP (Tax ID) No. 9570857274 (hereinafter also Taranko).
I. Regulations regarding personal data protection
1. Taranko exercises due diligence to ensure that all personal data is processed in accordance with the purpose for which it is collected and used in accordance with the scope of the concessions granted from the Users (consents) and processing areas allowed by the law.
2. All personal data is processed in a manner consistent with the requirements of commonly applicable law, in particular in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 216/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46 / EC (GDPR), the Act of 10 May 2018 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000, as amended), by the act of July 18 2002 on the provision of electronic services (Journal of Laws of 2019, item 123, as amended) and the Telecommunications Law Act (i.e. the Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1954, as amended), including within the scope of the consent granted by the Customer.
3. Taranko exercises due diligence to ensure that processing of the personal data takes place in accordance with the principles of substantive correctness and adequately to the purposes for which the data is collected.
4. We process the data for the period of time necessary to achieve the purposes, for which it was collected, and additionally for the period of limitation of claims related to the products we offer and for the period in which we are obliged to do so on the basis of generally applicable laws.
5. We ensure confidentiality, integrity and accountability of the personal data processed.
6. Personal data, which Taranko processes, is never shared with other parties without consent from the rightful person, unless such data is made available to persons who have been authorized to process it on the basis of a contract of entrustment with Taranko (including law firms, accounting and HR offices, entities providing IT services, delivery companies) and the entities authorized under the applicable law.
7. Taranko informs that the company uses the services and technologies from such entities as: Facebook, Microsoft, and Google, which are based in the United States. The Users need to be informed that the aforementioned entities have joined the Privacy Shield program on the basis of the executive decision of the European Commission of 12 July 2016 and guarantee to comply with the high standards of personal data protection in the European Union, therefore the use of their services and technologies in the processing of personal data is in accordance with the applicable law.
8. Taranko processes Customer data, including: name, surname, gender, residential address, delivery address, bank account number, e-mail address, and phone number.
9. Taranko is in possession of technical and organizational means required by the law to ensure the personal data is protected and secured against an unauthorized use.
II. How the personal data is obtained
1. Taranko obtains personal data through:
a) online forms - information is collected through forms available on the website used for contact purposes, placing orders, registering in the store, making exchanges, handling returns and complaints of the goods;
b) other means of contact (other than through the website): phone numbers and e-mail addresses made available on the website.
2. E-Store uses ‘cookies’ that constitute IT data, in particular text files. These files are stored on the devices of the E-Store User. There are two types of ‘cookies’ files:
a) session files – temporary files that are stored on the E-Store User's device until they have left a website or disabled their web browser;
b) permanent files – stored in the User's device for the time specified in the parameters of the ‘cookie’ files or until they have been removed by the User.
‘Cookie’ files are used for the following purposes:
a) to configure the website;
b) for User authentication on the website and to enable User’s session on the website;
c) to implement processes necessary for the complete functionality of the website;
d) for audience analysis and research;
e) to ensure safety and reliability of the website;
f) to execute marketing activities.
‘Cookie’ can be disabled in the settings of the web browser. However, this action might make some of website features become unavailable.
‘Cookies’ do not store information that includes personal data of the Users or Customers
‘Cookies’ stored on the User's device can also be used by advertisers and partners, with whom Taranko cooperates, in particular by: Google Analytics, Criteo, Hotjar.
The E-Shop website uses ‘cookie’ files, which collect various information that, in principle, does not constitute personal data (it does not allow for the identification of the given user). They allow however to create profiles, which help Taranko assess the User’s preferences, on the basis of which the User can be sent notifications with products purchase offers. Some information, depending on its contents and use, may however be linked to a specific person and may therefore be considered personal information.
The E-Shop website uses a Marketing Automation tool, which collects User data for the website’s Administrator. Collecting such data is to make it easier for the Customer to make a purchase corresponding to the User’s profile. Therefore, such data processing involves an analysis of the User's or Customer's profile to determine their preferences and, consequently, which products and services best suit their style, in order to deliver the right information or suggest products that we believe may be of interest to them. Disabling ‘cookies’ may be set in a web browser’s options. However, a lack of consent may disable some of features of the website. ‘Cookie’ files do not store information with personal data of the website’s Users or Customers. ‘Cookie’ files on the User's end device may also be used by the advertisers and partners cooperating with Taranko, in particular by such tools as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Criteo, Hotjar, and Facebook.
III. How the personal data is used
1. Personal data provided by the Customers is used to finalize sales agreement, to issue a proof of sale, for shipment of goods, to submit a potential return/exchange/complaint and to receive news on promotions, new products, sales and events, pursuant to article 6 point 1 b) and f) of GDPR.
2. With appropriate consent, the data is also used for marketing purposes (including data analysis for marketing purposes) pursuant to article 6 point 1 a) of GDPR until withdrawal of consent.
3. The data is also processed for statistical purposes.
The Customers may sign up to receive Taranko newsletter by providing their e-mail address or phone number and giving consent for their personal data to be processed for marketing purposes and receiving promotions. Newsletter contains news about latest sales offers. The User may – at any time – opt out of receiving the newsletter.
V. Information security and storage
Taranko ensures the security of personal data with the use of appropriate technical and organizational measures aimed at preventing unlawful data processing and its accidental loss, destruction and damage.
VI. User rights
1. Providing personal data to the extent necessary for the delivery of products offered by Taranko is compulsory, and in the remaining scope – voluntary.
2. Taranko respects the right of each person, whose data we process, to access their data, its rectification, deletion, limitation of processing, transfer, and to file a complaint to a body protecting personal data.
3. If data processing takes place on the basis of the consent granted by the person, whose data we process, they have the right to withdraw their consent at any time, with the provision that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing, which was made on the basis of consent prior to the withdrawal.
4. The person, whose data is processed, may address Taranko in writing or by e-mail, to provide information regarding their personal data collected and processed by Taranko. They are entitled to withdraw their prior consent to processing of their personal data.
5. The person, whose data we process, has the right to file a complaint to a supervisory body, if they decide that their rights have been violated.